POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : I need Help with making bmp : Re: I need Help with making bmp Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need Help with making bmp
From: Slime
Date: 4 Feb 2005 19:50:16
Message: <42041848$1@news.povray.org>
> You can change the default format by editing the "povray.ini" file in the
renderer folder. Add a
> line "+fn" to output as *.PNG if you want to make smaller files. You can't
directly make a JPG file.

However, POV-Ray does not compress PNG files well, so they should not be
used directly on a website. So no matter what file format you output to, you
should open it in a 3rd-party 2D image editor (like photoshop, or I hear
http://www.irfanview.com/ is pretty popular and free) and resave it in jpeg
or png format.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]